New Businesses Coming Soon!
- Sienna Hills commercial complex is underway off exit 13! The Black Bear Diner has broken ground and more businesses will be on the rise. Stay tuned!
- Mountain bike park is finally on its way. 60 acres across from Snow Canyon High, in the Sand Hollow wash, will turn into jumps and tracks. This will be huge for the mountain biking community. http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2017/11/16/mgk-20-acres-of-biking-bliss-complete-with-jumps-tracks-and-flows-should-start-taking-shape-in-the-new-year/#.Wg9yVcanGUl
- Café Sabor is now OPEN! And it’s so good. It’s located at 290 E. St. George Blvd across from Enterprise Rental where Wagon Wheel diner used to be.
- 3 new hotels have broken ground in the last month! MyPlace, located behind Culver’s by the Dixie Center, and True by Hilton along with a Staybridge Suites will be going in next Furniture Row off exit 6.
- Orange Theory in the Dinosaur Crossing complex is now OPEN.
- Comfort Suites just north of the Blvd. above is Denny’s is now OPEN.
- Green Gate Village has been completely revived and it is such a cool downtown spot. Scout Cloth, Chef Alfredo, Twisted Silver, The Barber, and My Little Moon are now in business there.
- Virgin Berri food truck- new food truck in town with acai bowls, smoothie bowls, flavored drinks, and more. They are usually parked at Green Gate Village but they also travel around town. Check out their Instagram for their locations each day @virginberri
- Grapevine Crossing- new commercial retail complex in the works off exit 13 across the roundabout from Maverick. There hasn’t been any movement yet but there will be in the near future.
- Guadalajara Grill- new upscale Mexican restaurant going into the old players building. Scheduled to open around the end of January! https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thespectrum.com/amp/873067001
- Love your bath & body- new store in the Promenade at Red Cliffs next to Durangos. They have bath bombs, bath salts, lotions, candles, and pretty much anything else that women love. It’s now OPEN!
Commercial: There is A LOT going on right now with new construction of businesses as well as remodels of older ones. Here is a list of what you can expect to see around town.
- City View downtown St. George development- 60 room boutique hotel, 100+ apartment units, retail, underground parking. In negotiating process.
- Short Creek Bakery & Pickle House- new bakery opening up on 800 E. Tabernacle St. No opening date confirmed yet but they will be taking orders for Thanksgiving. More info available here https://www.facebook.com/Short-Creek-Bakery-140644183246549/
Sunset Blvd/Bluff St project:
- Bluff Street Corridor project schedule, map, and video of what it will look like. Buildings have already been bulldozed and is scheduled to start construction this winter and finish in winter of 2018- http://www.udot.utah.gov/bluffst/map-schedule
Boulder Creek Crossing: Intersection of River Rd. and 1450 S (by Summit Athletic Club)
- Stephen Henager’s College- ground has been broken
- Pepper’s Cantina- In permitting process
- 700 Degrees Pizza- In permitting process
- First Colony Mortgage office- In permitting process
- Pop Shop Drinks- In permitting process
- Big grocery store (like a Whole Foods)- negotiating
- Wall Greens/CVS- most likely wall greens but not confirmed
- 2 Insurance groups, financial investment group
- Bike store
- Running center
- Copy center
- Fiiz Drinks- OPEN
- Dominoes- OPEN
- Crimson Pharmacy- OPEN
- Hustle Sports Nutrition- OPEN
Dinosaur Crossing:Intersection of Riverside Dr. and Mall Dr
- ACE Hardware- construction is underway
- Beans & Brews, Kneaders, and Bahama Bucks complex- construction is in progress
Desert Hills Plaza and Townhomes:
- 20,000 square feet of retail and office space along with 54 townhomes across from Desert Hills High School. A gas station will go in on the corner as well. Construction is under way.
- Riverfront Medical Center- Riverside Dr. behind Cox Landing. Under Construction
- Assisted living home- construction is in progress. Next to the Ence subdivision at the end of Foremaster around the bend.
- Lube center and tunnel car wash- West of the Maverick. Not confirmed who yet, but are in talks.
- Dinosaur Professional Park play map recorded which means something is in the works there. It is located on Riverside Dr. just east of the Dinosaur museum.
Hospital: the $300 million extension is under construction and will be finished soon.
- Jamba Juice- Now OPEN.
Dixie State University:
- Student housing on 100 S. under construction and almost completed. Should be ready for 2018 Spring semester.
- Existing buildings on the corner of 700 E. and 100 S. have been cleared and student housing will begin construction there soon that will be finished for the 2018 Fall Semester.
- 155,000 sq. ft. Human Performance Center to break ground in October at DSU. http://www.thespectrum.com/story/news/2017/08/10/large-new-dsu-health-facilitys-building-plans-set/557060001/?hootPostID=9e99ccde88293f3ac19e2384c831c883
Tech Ridge (old airport hill):
- Dixie Applied Technology College- under construction.
- The Players Sports Grill building will be turned into Guadalajara Grill, an upscale Mexican restaurant.
- My Place hotel will be going under construction soon right behind the Culver’s restaurant down by the Convention Center.
St. George Blvd:
- Café Sabor- 290 E. St. George Blvd (where Wagon Wheel used to be). Currently under construction. Hoping for this month or next to be open, but no date has been determined yet.
- Comfort Suites Hotel- now OPEN.
- Harmons fuel station- unfortunately Chef Alfredos restaurant has been taken down but Harmons will be putting in a fuel station in its place. Under construction
Exit 2 (Sun River):
- Kenworth Truck Sales Company- Land is purchased for a new 20,000 square ft. sales, parts, and service facility. No start date confirmed.
- Hampton Inn- 5 story, 120 room hotel. Under construction, expected to be open by the end of 2017.
- New Utah Visitor Information Center- no start date confirmed but plan to be finished by the end of 2017.
- Jazzy Javas is back! The new location is at 1812 W. Sunset Blvd. next to Dubs BBQ.
- Taco Bell- on Red Cliffs Dr. down from Stadium 10. Under construction.
- New 15 acre development where St. George and Redlands RV Parks are currently along 1-15.
- Large hotel along with a bunch of businesses surrounding it behind the Chevron in front of Green Springs. In permitting process, but no start date confirmed.
- Pine View 10 Plaza- a new retail building with 2 spaces. T-Mobile and Brent’s Pharmacy confirmed.
- Splash City Adventure Park- waiting on approval.
- Whole Juice Café- new restaurant open in the strip mall behind Texas Roadhouse, next to Subway at 2654 E. Red Cliffs Dr. #B. More info available here https://ordering.chownow.com/order/8479/locations?add_cn_ordering_class=true
3284 Deseret Dr:
- Official Strength and Athletics new location now OPEN- personal and athletic training for kids/adults of all ages. Located the industrial area south of Costco. More info here www.officialstrength.com
- Sienna Hills Commercial complex- Black Bear Diner has broken ground and more businesses will follow suit. Stay tuned!
- Crimson Ridge Middle School and High School- under construction. Middle school will open fall of 2018, high school fall of 2019.
- Mountain America Credit Union- under construction in front of Lin’s. Set to open around the beginning of the year.
- Little Caesars- part of the new Harmon’s complex in Santa Clara. Under construction.
- Café Rio- part of the new Harmon’s complex in Santa Clara. Under construction.
- The Difiore Center for Arts and Education. Under construction.
- Sentierre Resort- http://www.sentierreresorts.com/index.php
- Kayenta Center for the Arts- state-of-the-art facility located in Kayenta Village is now OPEN and will present plays, musicals, dance programs, concerts, visual arts exhibitions, lectures, and other events. More info available here http://kayentaartsfoundation.org/cfa-home.html
- Copper Rock Golf Course in Hurricane- on schedule to finish sometime in 2018.
- Clarion Inn & Suites- along the Highway right before the dip into Hurricane. Under construction now.
- Gray Hawk Apartment Complex- 240 units in Washington Fields behind the new Smith’s. Construction is under way. More info at live-grayhawk.com
- Legacy Ridge Apartments- Under construction. Next to Rebel Creek off Foremaster and Riverside Dr.
- Fossil Hills Townhome Community- townhome complex underway on South River Road just over the bridge from the Knolls/Little Valley next to the Dixie Power station. Under construction.
- Blackhawk Townhomes- Luxury complex in Santa Clara that is in the process of being built out. more info available here http://www.blackhawktownhomessc.com/
- Santa Clara resort zone change approved. 83-acre resort with 450 vacation rentals and 21 craftsman style bed and breakfast homes will be built over the next 15-20 years. http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2017/10/05/mgk-citing-economic-benefits-city-council-approves-zone-change-for-south-hills-resort-project/#.WdY-7WhSyUk
- Over 3,000 acres will be developed into 10,000 homes, a commercial center, sports facility, and more will be developed over time. Land is purchased, and plans are underway. Here is a link to the article http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2017/04/14/mgk-officials-hear-plans-for-massive-development-at-citys-southern-end/#.WQje_9LyuUl
With 2488 construction permits pulled so far on the year, there are new subdivisions being developed every month. Here is what was recorded in the month of November, including commercial developments.
New subdivisions recorded in November (residential and commercial):
- Majestic Sunset Ph 2
- Fossil Hills Townhomes Ph 3
- Views at Coral Canyon Ph 1
- Elmwood Estates Ph 1 and 5a
- Redwood Estates Ph 5 6 and 7
- Brio Ph 2a and 3b
- Desert Valley Ph 3
- Sequioa Estates Ph 4
Amended subdivisions recorded in November (residential and commercial):
- 920 W. Subdivision AMD
- Encanto Resort AMD
Angelica's Mexican Restaurant
Legacy Ridge Apartments
Smith's Grocery Store
Riverfront Medical Center Construction
Student housing on 100 S.
Student housing construction on 700 E. and 100 S.
Rocky Vista University
- It’s the best time of year and Kony Coins For Kids is making Christmas amazing for hundreds of families. If you’d like to donate time or money, click here for more info http://www.coinsforkids.net/
Dicken's Christmas Festival
- Precision Hearing Monday Movie Matinee: Electric Theater every Monday at 1:00 PM. FREE! More info available here https://www.facebook.com/PrecisionHearingMatinee/
- GeorgeFest Street Festival- December 1st at 8:00 PM downtown Main Street
- Dickens’ Christmas Festival- December 1-2 11-9 PM at the Dixie Center. Tickets and more info available here https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2017-st-george-dickens-christmas-festival-tickets-39307197887
- The Nutcracker Ballet- December 15-20 at Desert Hills High School. Tickets and showtimes available here https://surfcrm.com/westsidestudio/
- Shows playing at Tuacahn throughout the month. More info available here https://www.tuacahn.org/online/
- Sand Hollow Resort events: Live music and entertainment every Friday and Saturday night. More info available here http://www.thedesertpulse.com/sand-hollow-resort-announces-partnership-with-the-desert-pulse-to-present-live-music-and-entertainment/
ABOUT EAGLE GATE TITLE
We strive to protect your investment by keeping up on the latest technology and trends, retaining a knowledge of the real estate laws and codes, and by making sure all of our title and closing officers are properly licensed and trained.